Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 24, 2011

For you...

Hey guys! This is my 99th post....And my journey to this number has been wonderful and the credit goes to all of you for making my blogosphere so beautiful! And so, I would like to give all my wonderful followers, the 'Fabulous Follower Award'. (Yayy!!)





I would also like to thank my sweetheart and my best friend for encouraging me to start this blog. So, I dedicate this post you dear and would be really happy if you write my 100th post as a guest writer..


how we met was random..
one evening.
one 'hi',
one 'do i know you?'
one friendship that'll last forever.

yes, he is my best friend,
My brother, when i need protection.
My father, when i need guidance.
My husband, when i need security.
My son, when i need to feel unconditional love.
My acquaintance, when i need my space.
My enemy, when i need to hate.
The first ray of sun that hits my still-asleep face.
The air i breathe, the water that quenches my thirst,
The earth that keeps me grounded.
The shelter to my fragile heart,
The clothes that hide the vulnerability of my soul,
The food that feeds the void in me that the rest of the world creates.

We've had our good times, and bad ones.
but the smiles we smiled and the tears we cried,
they make us who we are.
the music we disagreed upon, and the lyrics that bound us, make us who we've always wanted to be.
the things we said that we shouldn't have and the things we should've said but didn't, have brought us where we are.
the times we spent apart missing each other and the times we spent together missing the sweet melancholy of being apart,
have brought us to where we always wanted to be.

the most beautiful moments of my life, he gave to me.
the only reasons i cried, he carved out for me.
the strongest days we spent hand in hand, against the world.
the weakest days, we spent trying to convince ourselves we were strong enough to go on without each other.
we fight. we smile. we live. we cry.
with each other, but also for each other.

the rest of the world on one side, and him on the other,
and i'd still pick him... ..
and they ask..'so you're just friends..?'
no, maybe not.
we're best friends, and more.
we're each others' sweetest dreams and worst nightmares.
we're each others' sun and moon, night and day, dawn and dusk.
we're each others' laughter and cries.
we're 'bestest' friends. and that will never change,
ever.

not when they question.
not when we fight.
not when we disagree or disapprove.
not when we don't see eachother for days on end.
and that is the beauty, the sanctity of it. ..
and all that will never change, ever.

he is the light that's leading me, to the place where i find peace again.
he is the strength that keeps me walking,
he is the hope that keeps me trusting,
he is the light, to my soul.
he is my purpose,
he's everything.
he calms the storms, and he gives me rest.
he holds me in his arms, he won't let me fall.

he's all i want, he's all i need,
he's everything :)

16 Mississippi:

suruchi said...

wow...absolutely brilliant..such a dedication would leave me on cloud nine for at least nine years...
hope your guy continues to shine bright in your life forever...

congratulations on 99...and sooooooo looking forward to the next guest post now that would mark the century:-)

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

With 'itni saari tareef' about your best friend, I only want to read the next post that comes from him.

Tell him to make it fast.
Should I be sating Please :)

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Ria said...

This is such a sweet dedication...hope he has read this. :)

Splurgerina said...

99 Posts..wow!! And how sweet of you to dedicate the post to him...really looking forward to the 100th post now :)

Arjun said...

Oh My God..!! He might take a lifetime to get out of this dedication. Lovely. :)

Been blog hopping after a very long time. having an awesome time. :)

Btw, I've switched over to another blog- www.vodkawithdosa.blogspot.com

100 posts is awesome... Congrats in advance.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Miles Of Style said...

aww how sweet! congrats on your 99th post and wishing you many more ...totally looking fwd. to your 100th guest post now!!

Scribbling Girl said...

wow :-)

When u have such a best friend what more u need :-)

Congrats on ur 99th....i am eager for ur 100th :-)

I miss reading u....blog often gal :)

Loved the lines :-)

Pavitra .... said...

@ Suruchi:
Hey thanks dear! Thats really sweet of you :))
I'll be posting the 100th soon! :))

Pavitra .... said...

@ Blasphemous Aesthete:
Hey thanks a ton! He's worth every word! :))
Yes, his post is coming soon...
Cheers!

Pavitra .... said...

@ Ria:
Thank you so much dear! Yes he's read it...and he loved it! :))
Take care!

Pavitra .... said...

@ Splurgy:
Hey dear! thank you so much! the 100th will be coming soon! :))

Pavitra .... said...

@ Arjun:
Hey thanks a lot!!!
Hahahaha..he deserves the dedication...
I'll surely visit your blog....blogrolled you! :))
Keep visiting!

Pavitra .... said...

@ Miles of Style:
Hey thanks dear! The 100th will be put up soon! :))
cheers!

Pavitra .... said...

@ Scribbling Girl:
Hey thanks sweetie! :))
Yes, there is nothing more you can ask for if you have someone so awesome! :))
Watch this space for the big 100! :))
Take care!

chirag said...

bahut khoob
very nice

check out mine also
http://iamhereonlyforu.blogspot.com/

Pavitra .... said...

@ Chirag:
Hey thanks a ton! i'll surely check your blog out! :))
Cheers!