Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

May 27, 2009

What's wrong with me???

Am I being too polite???

I interact with people a lot. And in the chaos of every day, I tend to be too polite and formal. It sometimes comes so naturally for me, that it makes my friends raise an eyebrow and ask, "What the hell is wrong with you?"
And I’m like, “I’m doing it again, huh?”

When did I start being Ms. Vocabulary and begin to use big words? Yesterday, when my 8 year old cousin was playing music too loudly, I said
“Could you please keep the volume low? Otherwise it will incapacitate your hearing.”
He was like “in-what?"
“Incapacitate. It means inju-“
And my voice was drowned by an even louder-

“Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Where everything isn't meant to be okay.”

–American Idiot, Greenday.

Humph.

Today, I finally proved to myself that I was turning into an unstoppable courteous person.
I was returning back home from class and a street dog came in my way. Instead of shooing it away, I said “Excuse me.”
The dog gave me a ‘you’re a weird lady’ look and went on its way.

Sigh…I need some time off.


9 Mississippi:

Michael said...

A girl at my school in the lower years once bumped really hard into one of my close, male friends, he being the one with overly polite manners in this anecdote. After they collided, my friend said, "Sorry"... and I asked him, "Why did you apologize when, in your head, you're thinking What the fuck is wrong with you cunt?"

To that, my friend shrugged his shoulders. So I quickly tapped that girl on the shoulder, and said told her she was acting like a real bitch, and that she should apologize, and that she needs to respect the older students.

...And after that ordeal, I wondered to myself... Was that morally right?

Hmmm...

Michael.

Shadows said...

Perhaps it's a desire to receive that same courtesy yourself. Neh?

The Geekie said...

hey

Take care

muthu said...

yeah, being polite always can become monotonous and boring. but anyways in a modern work society it is always better than openly speaking your freakin mind I guess.

Really when was the last time, you hated something some1 did and said it to their face.

It not only needs guts but also a good deal of wit.....


cheers... :)

Arv said...

lol... that dog must have had a major moment :P

take care mate.. cheers

Arnab Majumdar said...

LOL!! I wonder if the dog's got any politeness coming it's way before...

You might wanna tone it down a bit, but don't lose the politeness altogether. The world needs people like you :)

Cheers... take care... and hopefully, you won't freak out any more dogs with your politeness :D

Sowmi said...

First time landing in your blog... from twitter land...
Well am exactly the same as you are... it happens... Take "me-time" you'll be alright :)

Cheers,

Preeti said...

its better to be polite than bad-mouthed ....but hey !! we can stay normal ...

I get all uncomfortable with some one my own age doing aap and apka ...no formalities plssss.

and did that dog gave u that look ...lol:-)

ItAteMyBrain said...

I like ur cousin we have got common interest - Green day :)

I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it :)

-Basketcase greenday