Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 7, 2009

Saccharine disaster!!


Last evening, my friend got a major Rasgulla (an Indian sweet dish, tastes really yummy!) craving. After a lot of protesting, I finally decided to go with him to give him company. There is this place quite far from where I live where we get Rasgullas for 2 bucks each. And that too mammoth size ones!We reach the place in 10-15 minutes only to find that there were no Rasgullas left.

Anyway, to do justice to our trip to this place we ordered two Gulab Jamuns (another Indian sweet dish) and asked him to parcel it. Much to our surprise and disappointment, we were given a large bag filled with the sweet liquid and two microscopic Gulab Jamuns parceled for us. It looked as if we were taking a new baby gold-fish home! To avoid the embarrassment of travelling that far and coming back with two tiny Gulab Jamuns, we lied to our friends saying that we ate a few on our way! I swear I’ll never go back there again, how much ever my stomach craves for it!

5 Mississippi:

skywind said...

Indian food, looks delicious. However, eating together, not necessarily tasty.
Health is the Greatest Happiness
The World at The Present

Nick James said...

I've never even heard of those. l

Pavitra Ramkumar said...

@ skywind
i feel they look and taste delicious. And for 2 bucks, its a steal..!

@ Nick James
Try it out once, you wont regret it. Its delicious. Hope you get it over there.

Crowscious said...

I love Rasagullas.. they are my favorite.. tat goldfish pic looks damn cute btw :)

ScoMan said...

I've never tried Indian food that I can remember. I have a feeling it will be too spicy for my liking.

You thought quickly though to come up with the story to tell your friends about eating some of them before you got back.