Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 25, 2009

Bed-Bug Battle..!!



It was 3 a.m in the morning and my cousin sister who sleeps like a log, woke me up to tell me there was a bug in her bed. I wake up with a start and rush to her side. She points her finger at her pillow and I see a tick-like creepy crawly creature looking for cover. I throw the pillow in fright only to reveal four more bugs crawling around. Both of us look at each other and put two and two together. The mystery of the itchy spots on our hands was finally solved. BED BUGS…!!

I quickly grab a piece of paper and sweep the bugs on to it. My younger brother wakes up due to the commotion and takes a look at the bugs. “Oh My God...!.” Yes, exactly. These blood-suckers were enormous. We threw them out of the window(gave an aweful smell when we killed one! yuck!) We searched the area for more bugs, but couldn’t find any. Then we decided to check each other. Everything was fine until I spotted a bug in her hair and I screamed (just when I was gonna be proclaimed as the braver one!). Finally after half an hour of screaming and doing the “I just saw a bug” dance, mom wakes up and comes in a hurry. We vacated my room as fast as we could and finally slept in the kitchen (Of course, we were tired with all that screaming and dancing!).

Finally, in the morning, the pest control people arrived and sprayed some smelly liquid (made me wanna puke and I even caught a cold). They said that the bed-bugs multiply very quickly (Really? Now I'm really looking forward to tonight!). Thankfully, the infestation was not too bad.

That night we slept in the kitchen again coz the smell was too unbearable and I did not recover from the shock of seeing the bug in my sister’s hair. For the first time in my life, in all these years, i had seen a bed-bug! (yup! they do exist!)

Hope things are better tomorrow….Damn you bed-bugs..!!

4 Mississippi:

The Passionate Book Worm said...

That would creep me out so bad I would probably have to move to a new house!

Nick James said...

Well, atleast you can sleep sound in the nights come. Just "don't let the bed-bugs bite." Sorry, had to throw that cliche' in there. I'm glad the problem is resolved.

Crowscious said...

LOL, i never seen a bed bug.. atleast u got rid of the problem :)

Arjun said...

hehe...All the best..!!

Dont get BUGged.. :P

Cheers..!!
Arjun