Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

December 13, 2008

Mundane New Year's.....





The year is coming to an end,
But somehow I'm unable to feel,
The rippling excitement among people,
That is gradually showing visage.
Should I go shopping too?
And buy those fancy clothes.
But where should I go wearing those high-heels,
Strutting on tippy-toes….?
Theres nothing to look forward to,
No fancy parties…not even family gatherings,

Nothing but a plain dreary day,
Staring coldly back at me.
I’ve got to study,
I try to convince myself,
But no matter how many times I say so,
It never really helps.
I sometimes envy others,
Their extraordinary plans…the works..!
Hoping I would be included somewhere,
Be a part of their dances and jokes,
Three new years have come and gone,
But things have never changed.
How much more do I have to wait….?
Till something changes my fate…?
Hoping that my dream comes true,
Where I will be with you’ll,
Laughing and dancing to heart’s content,
To all those latest groovy songs.
And when the clock would strike 12,
All of us would come to a stop,
Then suddenly give a thunderous roar,
As the confetti falls from roof to floor.

4 Mississippi:

The Crow said...

I agree.. i always have lousy new years.. :( maybe this time will be better... i hope urs is good too

aditya said...

is this poem directed at us?

Pavitra Ramkumar said...

what makes you think so...?
:P

deluded said...

I wanted to comment on every post, but then you'd probably block me for spamming your inbox?

thus. this will be the last.